Fully funded Postdoctoral fellow position
Fully funded Postdoctoral fellow position (up to full-time) in biostatistics focusing on the design and analysis of innovative randomized trials, one year with potential for renewal
Join our team! The Clinical Epidemiology Program at the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute in Ottawa, Ontario, and the School of Epidemiology and Public Health at the University of Ottawa invites applications for a shared post-doctoral fellowship position, available immediately, with a special focus on innovative trial designs. Working under the joint supervision of Dr. Monica Taljaard and Dr. Beth Potter, the candidate will be expected to contribute to the design and analysis of innovative clinical trials with opportunities for methodological development. The candidate will also be expected to contribute to INFORM RARE, a multi-stakeholder research network focused on designing and conducting registry- based clinical trials for children with rare diseases. The successful applicant will have opportunities for extending their experience and networks both with Dr. Taljaard’s team and with the INFORM RARE Methods Group at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto (Dr. Martin Offringa and Dr. Nancy Butcher).
Job Summary & Key Responsibilities
The Postdoctoral fellow’s primary role will be to contribute to programs of research in the design and analysis of large-scale stepped wedge and cluster randomized trials as well as N-of-1 trials. The candidate will contribute to the design and analysis of pragmatic trials being planned at the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute and the N-of-1 trials being planned by INFORM RARE. There will be opportunities for professional development through presentation at scientific conferences and writing both applied and methodological research papers.
Basic Requirements (Education/Experience):
• PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology or other relevant field;
• Proven knowledge of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques;
• Proficient with R, SAS, and/or other statistical analysis software;
• Demonstrated experience analyzing health data;
• Excellent writing skills, demonstrated publication record;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Time management skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects; and • Superior communication skills with members of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Demonstrated experience in clinical trial design and/or analysis;
• Experience with (trial) simulation studies.
Salary commensurate with experience and training program. To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Alison Howie (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject line “Biostatistics Postdoctoral Fellow Position” by March 15, 2022. Please note that this position will be remote (work from home) initially but may transition to on-site at the University of Ottawa’s health sciences campus and/or Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, depending on the pandemic and associated response measures.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.